Monday, November 14, 2011

The 2nd Amendment

I saw a really cool youtube video posted on facebook just now.



I like the music, kinda makes it seem comical. It's actually really cool to watch……

…..however I've noticed that some are using this as a reason to argue that "the government had better never take our guns away!"

Dude, nobody's trying to take anyone's fucking guns away. That's all just half-witted rhetoric that was started as a way of branding all Democrats as a bunch of pussies who just want everyone to hug each other and never be able to defend ourselves. That's far from the truth.

That being said, here's my take on gun control.

Let's ask the question of why we want, or need, guns.

"I want to be able to hunt"

Ok, so what are you hunting?



Ok, in that case, be a man and grab a bow and arrow. Better yet, man up and cut the little cute defenseless rabbit ear to ear with your little swiss army knife!

"But I wanna use a GUN!"

Ok, there are a good variety of them that will do the job.

There's a handgun…..



…..a hunting rifle…..




…..an AK 47.....WAIT!




So you wanna use THAT………to hunt THIS!?!????




HOLD ON THERE TIM!




I think your going a little excessive with the firepower! That level of firepower seems like it would be better suited to this kind of sport!




Hmm, isn't that interesting that they seem to be holding similar guns?!

Bottom line…..
You don't need excessive firepower. I don't give a flying fuck about whatever guns you own. I don't care if you're stockpiling because you're worried that some republican talk show host told you that Obama was going to take your fucking guns away. It's not gonna happen, mind you, but you have the right to own a firearm in this country.

That being said, I don't believe that a weapon like an AK-47 should be owned by civilians. Those are army weapons, and the army should be in charge of those. You'd be freaked out if I bought a tank or an A-bomb, and I'm equally freaked out knowing that my neighbor might possess the kind of firepower that could dispatch a small crowd lined up against a wall in 30 seconds.

I'm done.

No comments: