Sunday, August 21, 2011

Looking Ahead To New Years Eve 2017.

I look ahead 5.5 years, and here's the vision of my life that I see.

I've grown from a meager studio in Marion Ohio to one of the best local music factories for Columbus Ohio! Skyline Sound Studios is now located in Columbus Ohio, and is a self sustaining small enterprise with a steady flow of business and a couple of full time engineers. Right now, in 2011, you think of Joe Viers and Sonic Lounge. By that point, you'll think Brandon S. Hire and Skyline Sound Studios.

I've also branched out into work as a freelance engineer working on albums for bands all over the country in the studio of their choice. This allows me the flexibility to travel and expand my enterprise to the far reaches of the country.

I've opened a Skyline Sound Studios branch in Denver, and began working to make the studio a strong competitor in the Denver music scene. I set up dual residency in Columbus Ohio and Denver Colorado, and travel back and forth as needed to run each business in each state. Perhaps I'll spend spring and fall in Ohio and winter and summer in Denver? Who knows, that might be overthinking it at this point.

I've created a self sustaining income stream from Project DIVIDE and my solo musical efforts, and have set up rehearsal spaces in both Columbus and Denver so that work on both projects can continue. I could fly to Ohio for a month to work on a new Project DIVIDE writing project, or Josh could fly to Denver to work with me on it! Either way, work would continue on both projects and remain a priority.

I'm living at least 2/3 of my time in Denver, but coming to Ohio often enough to keep a presence in the scene and keep business generated at the Columbus branch of Skyline Sound Studios. I've got the best of both worlds.

I realize this is ambitious, but quite frankly, I'm an ambitious fucker! The lyrics of Freddy Mercury come into my head when I think about it, "I want it all, and I want it now!"

So now my focus will remain on the date of December 31st, 2017. That's my target date. We'll see how things shape up, stay tuned.

No comments: