Thursday, January 19, 2012

Credit Card Companies.....


Just a little rant about credit card companies. As I approach the weekend, where my 31st birthday present to myself will be to pay off my Chase credit card in full (obviously, there will be a little interest I'll have to pay in February, but the remaining $170 will be gone within a matter of days....), I log in to try to apply the remaining $170 to the credit card this morning so that I can start my weekend seeing the Zero balance. The problem is that I'm unable to make a payment today, because I made a payment within the last 72 hours............

............how in the hell does that make sense?!

To me, this is just a tactic designed to keep people like me from paying it off piece by piece. There's no way that I can see to justify this. There's no way that transferring money from a chase checking account to a chase credit account costs them anything, other than about 30 seconds of an hourly employees time (obviously this is an exaggeration, but the point is taken).

This seems to me to be a tactic designed to keep people from making that last payment when they deem it possible, causing them to sit on it and forget to pay it after the 72 hours has expired, which prolongs the amount of time they can charge you interest! I know I could likely go to the branch and make the payment in person, but who has the time? I have waaaaay too much on my plate to stop at the bank anytime other than Saturday mornings, and I try to set up my life so that I don't have to make those stops.

So JP Morgan Chase, until you can give me a valid reason why a person cannot pay more than once every 3 days on their credit card using your web site, I will look at you as a company who engages in debt retaining practices sso they can keep their customers in debt and keep a stranglehold on them. This is outrageous, and regardless of this puny attempt to keep me from paying off the debt, I will pay this on the earliest day you'll let me. Then you can go to hell.

No comments: