Sunday, January 29, 2012

Could I need glasses?

I stare at a computer screen 40 hours each week.

I stare at my iPhone when I can.

I stare at my big 27" studio computer for client projects.

I stare at the same computer for doing homework, casually browsing Facebook, and just screwing around online.

I'm hard pressed to find a time in my day that I'm not staring at a screen.

Lately, my day job has been stressing me out more. My eyes are getting strained and it's causing me headaches, which make my job more annoying and makes me very irritable.

At first I thought the headaches were just stress. But now I'm getting tired eyes when I'm away from my day job. My other tasks aren't nearly as stressful as the day job, so it can't be that I'm stressed in my other tasks too.

So now I find myself trying to mix a project for a client, and having to take breaks because of headaches and a feeling of fatigue. This isn't good.

So I need to make it to an eye doctor. I have no insurance, so this is gonna feel awesome on my bank account. But in an age of computerized this and online that, I have no choice but to look at a screen all the time.

So it looks like I'll be scheduling an eye doctor appointment in the near future. Looks like this fat bald nerdy bearded homeless looking guy is about to look dorkier.

No comments: