Thursday, January 12, 2012

How it looks today.

I added up 4 assets (my meager savings, my current checking account balance, the blue book value of my car, and debts owed to me from the studio), then I subtracted them from my liabilities (my car payment, and credit cards).

It doesn't look good.

Net worth is determined by subtracting liabilities from assets. If you're positive, then you're in good shape. If you're negative, you're insolvent.

I'm insolvent. That needs to change a.s.a.p.

Now, this doesn't include all of my liabilities and all of my assets. I own property in Sciotoville that isn't being considered in my net worth calculation today. I have other liabilities and bills that I haven't put on this calculation either. However, I don't expect that insolvency to change right away just because I include everything that should be included in the calculation. In fact, I'd be surprised if the gap narrowed rather than widened.

Fortunately every payment I make toward my debts reduces my insolvency, and i now have a dedication and conviction to get them paid down a.s.a.p.

Baby steps.

No comments: