Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why it's a big deal.....

I'm planning a trip to Colorado in June. This has been discussed here, and one of the things that makes me feel optimistic is knowing that I'm planning this trip. But here I am, 5 months before the trip, looking at my financial outlook over the next few months and worrying if I'll be able to afford the trip after all. This would be a major esteem blow, and I can honestly say I'd feel trapped if I had to put this trip off for yet another year. I can't stand this feeling, and I'm growing increasingly pissed off that my money situation isn't improving.

This trip for me is a priority. It's a symbol that I can make my life be what I want it to be, and that I can accomplish my goals. It's a call to action to get my shit together and work toward a goal, and will help me solidify my convictions to get what I want out of life. It'll help show me that if you work hard,  you can achieve your goals. It'll help show me that I can overcome the shitty place that I find myself in, which is a huge deal to me.

Most of all it'll help me see that I am not to fall victim to the shitty place I was left in.

Yes, it's just a road trip, but for me it's a big deal for those personal reasons. If I can't make this trip happen...............?

No comments: